Monday, May 5, 2008

You will not BELIEVE what just happened

Someone just came to my door and tried to convert me to his religion!

I slammed the door in his face, of course. And I'm incredibly offended. My religion's the only one that's true. He should not be allowed to preach his lies to vulnerable people.

And here's the thing: He has NO PROOF AT ALL! Like I am going to convert to his religion just because he says it's true! I actually laughed at one point while he was talking. He had a book with him, and it was full of stories from many years ago. All of the stories were about his religion being true -- SURPRISE! (I mean, really: If you were planning to put a book of stories together to promote your made-up religion, wouldn't you pick ones that supported your ideas?)

I pointed out that maybe his book had just been made up. He said that couldn't be the case, because other parts of the book said that the whole thing was true. I asked him if he could see how ridiculous that was, and he said he'd pray for me, because I was definitely going to be in trouble with his god.

That's when I told him that I wasn't too worried about his imaginary god, because I have a REAL God who is planning to smite him. He said that MY God was the imaginary one! (The nerve!)

No comments: